Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing #7 Video Resources

I watched the video on Remix Culture: Fair Use Is Your Friend, the documentation on fair use and the FAQs about fair use and video, but it did not tell much what guidelines we should be using. It took me a long time to watch the video, as my laptop is becoming very slow these days, it takes a long time to buffer and then view a video.

I really enjoyed Hulu and Blinkx. I did not know there could be so many videos out there, I usually search YouTube, google or yahoo for videos. I found lots of cool recepies on Hulu, here is one for "How to Make Apple Raisin Bread Pudding."



I also watched the How to make the lava lamp, it was fun and easy. There were lots of how to videos. This is "How HDTV works" in simple terms.



It does take a long time to open embeded videos. I use united streaming videos in my classroom, but now I am going to add some cool science experiments that I found on Blintx. I am going to embed the video clips in my flipcharts or just show it to my students from Blinkx, that will be good variety for the students.

No comments: