Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing # 16: Wikis

Wow! I did not know that there so much to Wikis. I often use the Wikipedia, to get the supplemantary information and often wondered about how much information there is.

I can see how useful a wikispace could be in my classroom. This would be a great thing for them to do when they are working in teams and can work collaboratively on their projects. By creating a wikispace, teams would be able to share research, ideas, add and edit content without having to email or even meet together after school.

I also added my entry to the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki. That was very easy to use. I was concerned about changing or deleting other peoples comments.

3 comments:

Grendel said...

I, too, enjoyed wikis. The wikis I created fell short of "quality work," but I enjoyed working on them, and I think they will be useful for my students.

ESLFroggie said...

You explained very well how you plan on using wikis with your students. I love the team ideas. Thank you for articulating your idea so well!

VWB said...

accidental deletes can occur, but you can always go back in the history and restore what was deleted! another reason they are useful!