Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing # 15: Web 2.0 and Library 2.0

The video about the Library of the future: "A Vision of Students Today", is great. I agree that Libraries of tomorrow, even five or ten years from now, will look substantially different from Libraries today. I feel like SpringBranch ISD is a great district to work for because we are already learning about the new technology, and can introduce it our students as well, so they will ready for tomorrow.

I like the idea of OCLC, Online Computer Library Center. Connecting people to knowledge through library cooperation. The world's libraries, Connected.

I read all five perspective on library 2.0. What I understood about Library 2.0 is that you can use it any time of the day, and also eliminating the barriers between patrons and the information they need, so they can spend as little time as possible with search interfaces and as much time as possible actually reading and learning.

No comments: